Waste is inevitable. Every home and business has to deal with it in some form, and waste has become a particularly hot topic in recent years. Governments across the world are implementing more stringent regulations for those in the commercial sector, and this means industries need to place a greater focus on recycling, sustainability, and efficient waste management.
One method of doing this is with a baler. However, is it a suitable piece of equipment for your business? This article will explore your questions about balers and whether your company should get one.
What is a Baler?
A baler is used for compacting waste into easily manageable bales. This is not only good for keeping certain waste materials separate from each other, but the bales can also then be stored and recycled effortlessly.
As you would expect, there are a variety of balers available to suit all purposes. A baler can differ in terms of its design, which will affect the volume of waste it can handle and whether the machine crushes in a vertical or horizontal direction.
The type of waste a baler can deal with includes:
- Cardboard and paper
- Aluminum and foil
- Fibrous materials (wool, cotton, wood, etc.)
- General production waste
Certain balers will only deal with one specific form of waste. Other options, however, are capable of handling numerous waste streams. There are many kinds of balers available, so head to sites like recyclingbalers.com to do your research as to what you might need.
What Type of Industry Uses a Baler?
If an industry produces waste, it will use a baler. That means every type of industry can incorporate this piece of machinery.
Understandably, each industry will have a different reason for utilizing a baler to deal with their waste. A restaurant, for example, might only need a baler to deal with the excessive amounts of cardboard it collects due to daily food deliveries. A supermarket will produce a variety of waste materials and, therefore, may require a multi-faceted baler that can sort out everything from paper to plastic.
What are the Benefits of a Baler?
If you’re still not sold on the idea of your business purchasing a baler, take into account the following advantages:
- It saves time and money: Rather than needing to sort recyclable waste manually, this can all be done with the baler. The time saved also helps with retaining money, as does meeting regulations and reducing the need to have the waste collected.
- It saves on space: As the waste is compacted and stored, a baler is particularly useful for keeping the work environment clean and free from clutter.
- Comply with regulations: Even if you don’t currently need to comply with regulations, your company surely will have to do so in the near future. After all, the efficiency of waste disposal is a hot topic considering the US is the world’s worst offender for producing waste.
- Being eco-friendly is a selling point: As the importance of recycling continues to grow, so does the general public’s interest in supporting businesses that go green.
So, to answer the headline question: yes, your business should invest in a baler. It will help your company to become more efficient and profitable, and you’ll help the environment at the same time.
by: Mahmood Umar