“This easy to prepare Korean dish is sure to please. It can also be cooked on the grill, in a skillet, or under the broiler. Serve with white rice.”
- 1 pound beef top sirloin, thinly sliced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 pear – peeled, cored, and minced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon rice wine
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- freshly ground black pepper to taste (optional)
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine beef with garlic, pear, green onions, soy sauce, sugar, sesame oil, rice wine, sesame seeds, fresh ginger, and ground black pepper. Seal, and refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours.
- Preheat the oven’s broiler and set the oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source. Brush oil over grill pan. Place beef on pan. Cook, turning to brown evenly, for 3 to 6 minutes, or until done.