Dry lemon peels in the sun and grind when dry. Use this to brush your teeth clean. and cure bad breath. A mixture of salt, mustard oil and lemon juice can also be used to brush the teeth. It not only makes teeth stronger but relieves many dental diseases. To make teeth sparkle one can rub lemon halves left after squeezing the juice from them.
Drink 100 ml of carrot juice daily. This prevents dental diseases and makes gums stronger.
- For pyorrhea, swollen and painful gums, bad breath, mix 1 tsp honey in 20 drops of garlic juice and consume.
- Make an oil to brush teeth with as follows. Add 4 to 5 garlic cloves to 60 gms mustard oil. Heat this oil till the garlic turns black. Strain and add 30 gms of powdered and roasted carom seeds and 15 gms rock salt. Brush teeth with this to relieve normal dental problems. Using this for 2 to 3 months even relieves pyorhhea.
Apple keeps the teeth and gums strong and in good health. To prevent and get relief in cavities, swollen gums and tooth decay, eat an apple after every meal regularly.
- Chewing on guava leaves relieves painful teeth.
- Pain in gums, swelling and painful teeth respond well to rinsing of the mouth with water, in which guava leaves have been boiled and then cooled.
Eat raw turnip. Chewing it well will relieve many dental conditions as well as make the teeth clean.
To relieve pain in the teeth the following is beneficial.
- Grind 5 cloves. Squeeze some lemon juice on them. Rub the teeth with this mixture.
- Boil 5 cloves in 200 ml of water. Swish this water around in the mouth for a few minutes.
- Brush teeth with a mixture of turmeric, salt and mustard oil. It helps in making the teeth strong.
- Burn a piece of turmeric. Grind it. Rub this on the painful teeth for relief. It kills bacteria too.
- Make a pill by adding some water to ground asafoetida and turmeric powder. Keep this under the painful tooth for relief.
Applying a few drops of Homeopathic asafoetida mother tincture to the decaying and painful tooth stops pain.
- Mix 1 part of rock salt with 4 parts of mustard oil. Brush teeth daily with this. It eliminates pyorrhea as well as many dental issues like sensitive teeth.
- One can also apply finely ground rock salt on the painful teeth and gums for relief.
- Dry the leaves and the twigs bearing these leaves in the shade. Burn them. grind the ash so formed and add peppermint, cloves and a little salt to this. Brushing the teeth with this relieves pyorrhea and makes the teeth strong.
- One can also brush the teeth with a fresh twig of the neem tree.
- Immature leaves can be boiled in water to make water to be used as a gargle. This stops pain.
Grind gallnuts. Brush the teeth with this powder. It gives relief in sensitive teeth, loose teeth, bleeding gums and teeth.
Take equal quantities of roasted cumin seeds and rock salt. Grind fine.. sieve and massage the gums with this. Spit out the saliva formed. It relieves in swelling and painful gums .
- For swollen gums swallow 3 gms of ginger powder with water, once a day. It relieves pain too.
- For pain in the teeth due to cold, sprinkle some salt on a piece of ginger and keep below the affected tooth.
A very interesting and effective remedy for painful teeth.
- Start with tolerably warm water. Keep in the mouth for 2 minutes. Then spit it out and keep very cold water in the mouth for 2 minutes. Repeat this 4 times. Always start with hot water and end with cold water. Continue for 3 days after pain is relieved.
If gums are swollen gargle with warm water.
For painful and infected teeth, apply amla juice to which a little camphor has been added, to the teeth. It relieves pain.
BOTTLE GOURD / CALABASH
Take 75 gms of bottle gourd and 20 gms garlic. Grind both together. Add 1 liter water to this mixture. Keep to boil and remove from heat when 500 ml water remains. Use this water to gargle. Gives relief from pain.
TULSI / HOLY BASIL
Grind tulsi leaves and black peppercorns to make a paste. Make pills from this. Keep one pill below the painful tooth for relief. Chewing tulsi leaves strengthens the teeth and controls bad breath.