Filipino’s Chicken Adobo
8 years ago | Posted in: Foodie
| 547 Views
Chicken Adobo is an authentic Filipino dish and is one of the mostly recognized Filipino foods. Not to be mistaken with Mexican adobo, this dish is uniquely prepared by stewing chicken in vinegar and soy sauce.
Several sources who are experts in Asian food history say that the Filipinos were already cooking adobo even before Spanish colonization. According to them, cooking with vinegar preserves the meat. This method is also considered as one of the earliest food preservation practice.
Try this Chicken Adobo recipe.
Recipe: Chicken Adobo
- 2 lbs chicken, cut into serving pieces
- 3 pcs dried bay leaves
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 4 tbsp vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup cooking oil
- salt and pepper
- In a large container, combine the soy sauce and garlic then marinade the chicken overnight
- Place the cooking oil in a pan and apply heat
- When the oil is hot enough, put-in the marinated chicken
- Add water and bring to a boil
- Add the dried bay leaves and simmer for 30 minutes or until the chicken is tender
- Add vinegar, salt, and pepper and simmer for 10 to 12 minutes
- Serve hot. Share and Enjoy!
Number of servings (yield): 4
Tags: Chicken, Filipino, food, Recipe: